Friday, November 16, 2007

Hecho in Dumbo

Boo. Coulda, shoulda, woulda. All things pointed to greatness here – amazing, tranquilly lit loft space in the hip heart of Dumbo and perfectly located for post-gallery noshing. But then they were just kind of stupid: to wit, the Pellegrino arrived pre-poured over a large amount of ice in a high-ball. Sparkling on ice is yuck. Point 2: I was told I could mix and match the tacos and burritas for the $8 trio plate. I ordered three different ones for my plate, and instead received three whole different orders, which the waiter insisted I had asked for. I looked at him as if to say “Do I look like an obese pig who would order three entrees all for myself?” His waifesh self seemed to "Yes, maybe you might." Aghhh! We had to argue to get him to take two of the orders off the bill. The food was fine, delicious even, despite the over-salt of annoyance. I can say this: check it out at your own peril.

Where: DUMBO General Store, 111 Front St., Brooklyn, NY 11201, 718-855-5288

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been to Hecho en Dumbo, and the wait staff was amazing, kind, friendly and fast. Maybe you just had bad luck. The food was amazing... But one thing though: Did you notice they don't serve entries? Most of the menu, (that includes the tacos) are small portions... Maybe that's where the confusion started... You should go back. I'm a frequent costumer and it keeps getting better and better.