Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Vasconcellos

This is from my friend Jesse .... he's got A+ tastebuds, so I think we're safe.

Also, there is teensy-weensy dominican place in midtown that is worth visiting. The sign looks like they sell second hand heavy metal cassettes but this turns out not to be true. For 5 bucks you get a choice of beans (red, white, black or lentils) plus a choice of white rice or yellow rice and your choice of the meat or fish dishes that have been cooked up that day. Typically they include: pernil, goat, bacalao, king fish, beef stew and stewed chicken. Plus some good juices. The place is just a kitchen with about 8 bar stools on it. Yes, on it. I used to eat here 3 days a week when I worked in the area and now I miss it 3 days a week. Perfect place for a hearty weekday lunch. And character abundant.

Where: 313 West 37th Street

No comments: